Proejct Area Profile
- There are three lakes (Jhadav Sagar, Chandpatha & Madhav Lakes) located in a cascading manner & joined by a nalla.
- The Jadhav Sagar is First in the series and is subjected to maximum pollution load.
- Chandpatha and Madhav Lakes are located in the Forest Area hence all the major works are proposed in the upstream non-forest area.
- The entire Shivpuri town is located in the catchment area of the Shivpuri lakes. The population of Shivpuri town as per census 2001 is 1,46,892.
- The entire sewage of the Shivpuri Town drains into Jadhav Sagar Lake through a single Nalla.
- The overflow of Jadhav Sagar Lake flow into Chandpatha Lake through Karbala Nalla.
- The lake is silted and heavily infested by aquatic weeds (eutrophication). The water quality of the lake is highly degraded due to discharge of Sewage into the lake, indiscriminate disposal of Solid Waste, Dhobi Ghats, Open defecation, idol immersion, Trapa (Sindhada) cultivation, cattle wallowing etc.
Total Cost Fo The Project & Cost Sharing
- The total cost if the Project is Rs.51.99 Crores. project cost is to be borne in the ratio of 60:40 by the Central and State Govt. of which 10% is to borne by the implementing agency i.e. Municipal Council, Shivpuri.
- The Project envisages laying of Sewage network, construction of Sewage Pumping Station, Sewage Treatment Plant (of 20 MLD capacity), De-weeding, De-silting, Storm water drains, Catchment Area Treatment, Lake front development for the stretch I&II, Low cost sanitation/ Toilet Blocks, Chain Link fencing, Bathing Ghats, Floating Fountain, Monitoring of Waste water quality, lake water body, ground water and solid waste and Public Participation & Awareness campaign.
Project Management Consultant (Pmc)
- M/s Multi Mantech International Pvt. Ltd., Ahmedabad has been placed with Shivpuri Municipal Council for technical facilitation as per Terms of Reference (TOR) (w.e.f.18/12/07).
The State Government has constituted State Level Empowered Committee; district level Steering Committee and Technical Evaluation & Tender Approval Committee (TETAC) for Monitoring of the project for timely execution of the project.