|OPENINGS at Madhya Pradesh CDM Agency [1 Post]
|MP Clean Development Mechanism Agency|
Paryavaran Parisar, E-5 Arera Colony, Bhopal.
Phone 0755 2460255
Vacancy Announcement for General Manager
MP CDM Agency, a registered society under Housing and Environment Department GoMP, working in the area of CDM and Climate Change issues wishes to appoint a General Manager on Deputation or on Contract. Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria may apply online upto 25th February, 2012 at www.epco.in
Chief Executive Officer
Climate Change business is about purposefully undertaking measures to reduce green house gas (GHG) emissions from various sector activities.
Undertaking intentional control measures in varied sector activities that would either consume these green house gases in the process or abate the generation of green house gases from the operational processes would earn Certified Emission Reduction (CER) credits. The project proponent who has implemented the intentional GHG control measures from developing countries such as India can sell these CERs to buyers in developed countries through an international institutional mechanism formulated for this purpose which is popularly known as Clean Development Mechanism (CDM).
Functions of MP CDM Agency
MP Clean Development Mechanism Agency has been constituted under the MP Society Registration Act on 5th October 2010.
Objectives of CDM Agency
a) Advise State Government on issues related to Sustainable Development, Climate Change and Clean Development Mechanism
b) Explore possibilities for taking up CDM projects.
c) Identify Government, semi government or nongovernmental institutes and individuals working in the area of GHG reductions
d) Information dissemination and education about reduction of GHG emission in the society
e) Take up research based studies or promote such activities f) Facilitate implementation of approved CDM or GHG reduction related projects
Application for the post of General Manager, MP CDM Agency
Educational Qualifications (Essential)
1. Master degree or equivalent in relevant field (Science & Engineering stream).
2. Candidates with Qualification and Specialization in the field of Natural Resources, Energy, Renewable Energy, Environmental Management, Forestry, Agriculture and Transportation are encouraged to apply for the position
3. Government employees can also apply with their respective ACR Grading for the position
Required Knowledge and Skills.
4. At least 15 years of Progressive Work Experience in Environment and Climate Change sector.
5. Strong knowledge and understanding of Climate Change and CDM project cycle.
6. Hands on work experience in implementation of CDM Projects.
7. Knowledge on various aspects of Climate Change Finance.
8. Proven experience of handling externally aided projects.
9. Strategic planning, strong leadership and effective team management.
10. Excellent project management, coordination, analytical, communication and presentation skills.
11. Result orientation and ability to work independently and meeting deadlines.
12. Partnership development and networking skills.
13. Computer skills (word processor, spreadsheet, PowerPoint)
Fluency in English including good writing skills
Fluency in Hindi
Interested candidates fulfilling the above mentioned eligibility criteria may apply online in the prescribed form of application upto 25th February, 2012 till 5.30 PM.
Pay Scales: - Rs.15600-39100 + 7600 OR Rs. 37400-67000+8700 (6th Pay Commission) depending on the experience, seniority and existing pay scales of the incumbent.
Duties and Responsibilities of General Manager:
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the CEO, MP CDM Agency the position of the General Manager is seen as a key resource for shouldering technical and managerial responsibilities of MP CDM Agency.
- Coordination and implementation of CDM projects and other projects on Climate Change under MP CDM Agency.
- Preparation of Annual Work Plans / Business Plans for CDM Agency .
- Identifying potential CDM Projects with government/nongovernment/private sectors in Madhya Pradesh.
- Identification of project partners / agencies of appropriate experts, consultants and explore possibilities of mutual support
- Developing and maintaining a vibrant network of relations with academic institutions, NGOs and other stakeholders involved in CDM & Climate Change.
- Identify and liaison with agencies for capacity building of various stakeholders on CDM.
- Implementation of capacity building activities.
- Provide technical support to CEO in preparing monthly/ Quarterly / half yearly/ and annual work plans & progress reports.
- Liaison with various funding agencies / government / nongovernment institutions / corporate in developing program documents, providing editorial support, work plans, terms of references etc.
- Initiate knowledge management initiatives in CDM & Climate Change Sector.
- Work in close coordination with MP Climate Change Cell to identify various potential areas of mutual cooperation / creating awareness among stakeholders at district level on Climate Change Mitigation by participating / organizing workshops and seminars
- Draft correspondence and documents; finalize correspondence of administrative nature; edit reports and other documents for correctness of form and content.
- Coordinate Annual Reviews, thematic studies and third party evaluations.
- Develop and share regular updates on project progress and learning's. Review communications products (i.e. reports, films, studies etc) to ensure adherence to the communications strategy and MP CDM institutional guidelines, advice project partners on these guidelines
Last date : 25/02/2012 till 5.30 PM